Forest Creek

There’s something about hiking in the woods and coming across flowing water. For some reason I find it incredibly relaxing and it’s always a place to stop and look and take in everything. It could be a trail beside a creek, at a lake, from a bridge over the creek. There’s diversity in the scene and a lot of refreshment to enjoy.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 50, 17-35 at 17 mm, f8, 250th, can’t remember what camera but it was an icon and probably D 800E.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

David, You have a nice peaceful scene here. I might crop some from the left to focus more on the water which is what speaks to me in the image. I also wonder if you’d want a slower shutter speed to show more flow in the water. This all, of course, is a matter of personal vision.

![tannber-creek-lower-copy|690x496](upload://rb

UqKJuv6WQ1SOcYwJUJ98Ni15G.jpeg)

David, this does indeed look like a great place to sit quietly listening. You have a fine diversity of green tones in the trees with the rocks and stream leading nicely into the distance. Your mix of trees and stream makes this a good story of how both elements make the place.

David, this would be one of those very difficult forest scenes I referred to in my own post here in the WC. Your image is one that provides enough open canopy and clear view to take it all in, so to speak. I do prefer the vertical cropped image. It seems a bit cleaner and keeps the focus more on the main stream area… :sunglasses:

David,
I totally agree with you on your thought process on coming across on some flowing water. I too find the sound of the water to be so calming as it flows over the rocks toward it’s destination. I think your image captures that feeling beautifully. BTW the greens are lovely here. I also like @Larry_Greenbaum’s crop suggestion as that seems to emphasize all the wonderful elements in the scene. Beautiful image.

This is quite an enjoyable scene and it does feel really relaxing and peaceful. Looking at this I can almost hear the the sound of the stream and feel the cool moist air!

No pun intended, but I love the flow of this image, David. The stream leads so nicely into the frame and that isolated young fir at the far end is just perfect.