Hydrodynamic

Moving water in a small creek.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Normally, I don’t shoot this type of image with a telephoto but that is all I had with me,

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Iso-64, 500 mm, F 32,5th of a second, handheld, D 500, full frame, minimal processing

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Real nice lines through the scene, good color and white water. This one works well.

David: I like your SS choice especially and the colors and comp. Exceptionally nice.>=))>

Very cool, David. This reminds me of some of the shots from when the Tumwater was in flood a couple of winters ago. I like he curve between the smooth water and the spray.

David,

Excellent river/water intimate. With the chosen shutter speed you’ve both retained plenty of detail and texture, yet able to show graceful motion as well. This could easily have been captured anywhere - I would swear to anyone this was the Merced… :wink:

I especially like the trail of water droplets in the ULC - looks like an eclipse series… Cool little element in the scene.

Lon

When all you have is a telephoto lens you just shoot macro landscapes! This is a good one for the theme. I particularly like the ground beneath the water and the little drops moving in an arc in the upper left corner.

David, you’ve got a fine mix of water and splash. The colors in the flow are really nice. I’m also a fan of the arcing drop flying upstream near the upper left corner.