Freezing

Finally a bit of freezing weather . It’s what I have been waiting for.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

In this image the tree trunks were a bit to dark. I lighten them with the dark TK triple play.

Technical Details

F11, 1/50 ,iso 125, 70-200 at 200mm

2 Likes

Wonderful shapes created by the light and shadows on the diagonal lines and triangular mounds, Ben. Also am enjoy the lovely detail on the grass and tree branches created by the frost. Beautiful scene.

This is lovely. The lines you have in this image are what make it so interesting. The commination of the lines and lighting gives it beautiful depth. This looks like one of our spring mornings when we get a heavy frost. It makes me feel happy. Very well done, Ben. I’m glad you got your freezing weather. I also love to photograph trees and grass encased in frozen water.

Ben,

Excellent! I too agree with Linda and Donna and find the lines and geometry - the triangles to be the strength of the image composition. Oh, and of course the light is wonderful and is accentuating those shapes. The tree with the leftover autumn leaves still clinging is also an enjoyable element. This is just a wonderful composition and design of light, line and shapes.

I was thinking the frosted grasses were pretty bright - but fitting for the scene and I wasn’t going to comment, until I noticed the area where the bright grasses meeting the shadowed area. Is this a masking anomaly? It wasn’t really noticable, unless you look for it. It’s like the bright grasses were selected for adjustment, and the feathering was set to large? Just curious.

Thanks for sharing!

Lon

oh, I meant to include the screenshot

@linda_mellor , @Donna_Callais , @Lon_Overacker . I myself was rather happy with this image. And glad you all like it also. @Lon_Overacker , I should have mentioned but forgot to say that it is a stack of 3 images. Trying to get everything sharp. But wasn’t attentive enough. Lon I am thankful you did see it. I learned to be more observant (English ??).

Ben

1 Like