Frostbite

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 200, .4secs @ f22
One of my first images of this year. Our Bird of Paradise don’t tolerate cold very well and after a particularly cold (for us) snap some of the leaves were damaged. I thought this made for a good study of texture and color. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

Beautiful abstract, Bill. Great colors and lines. I never would have guessed what it is without your explanation.

This type of image hinges on a great composition. and you nailed it!

Indeed, a terrific abstract, Bill. The mix of colors, shapes, and lines are great. I especially like the gold to bluegreen transition at the top.

An engaging image … very cleverly designed. I love it.

Wonderful lines and textures, Bill. It would be one of my favorites if I’d taken it.

I really like this abstract image, Bill! The curls and the OOF background leaf give it a strong 3D appearance .

Bill,

The detail and transition from browns to greens is awesome. You produce some fantastic abstract images like this one from small areas of a leaf with interesting features. Well done…Jim

This is fantastic, Bill. The soft light does a masterful job of showcasing all the lines, textures and details in this lovely abstract. Great eye to spot this.

Very nice, Bill, from the “common place” you have presented extraordinary and wonderful colors, shapes and forms.

Love this abstract, with the warm and cool colors, textures and lines. Nicely seen and captured.

Exquisite abstract. Love the color gradients and lines.