Frosty Flag

Sony A77II
Sony DT 18-250 @ 45mm
ISO 400, 1/160 @ f22
Well all of our winters in our part of Texas are snowless so one would think this would be easy for me but when stuff is gray and boring my camera tends to take the time off. I was outside this morning and just noticed our flag through the bare redbud branches. In a week or so this tree will be covered with buds so this is a grab shot to kind of fit the theme. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

Bill, the flag showing through the bare branches looks very good, especially with a few scattered clouds in the sky. I could wish that the one oof branch coming in from the left wasn’t there, but don’t know if it you might have moved it out of the frame. It also looks like there was a drop of water on your lens near the lower left corner. Our winter has been so warm that I have numerous early blooming crocus in full bloom throughout my yard… Now I’ll have to go check out the redbud buds, :wink:

We live in Texas also Bill and I had a similar thought this morning when i saw our flag flying with a dreary grey sky. But we don’t have those nice “wintery” trees around our flag. I like how your photo truly captures the feeling of our Texas winter. Just wondering if it was an option to take the photo from the other side so the tree limbs would have been behind the flag?

Hi Bill. Mark mentioned the two main things that struck me. I like the bare branches in front of the flag-they work well. My personal nit is that the flag pole isn’t vertical.

Dennis: I was trying to be true to life :wink: as our pole is not quite straight but I was too lazy to correct it. Good eye. >=))>