Frosty Snowy Aster

It froze here last night. Everything was frosted and looked beautiful and shiny in the morning at the park. I wish I could be several places at the same time to photograph frost covered flowers and leaves! I am happy to have my 180/3.5 lens back. from service.

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod

ACR for Raw conversion, PSCC. Background darkened to reduce its impact. slight noise reduction and sharpening in Topaz denoise.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Ravi: Great to hear your lens is back. On past occasions when my 200mm was in the shop I almost went into withdrawals and grieving at the same time. Really nice find and superb detail in the ice crystals. Just the right DOF for my tastes to render the BG complementary and not distracting. Really well done. >=))>

You captured the frost nicely Ravi. I enjoyed looking at this image close up. Darkening the background was a good idea. Great job!

Thanks Bill and Mark. I forgot to mention the exposure details: f/20, 1/10, ISO 800.

Well conceived and done, Ravi. I like how you’ve captured the uniformity of the frost and the aster simply glistens with the coating. My only minor quibble would be to place it a bit more to the left in the frame since it is turned a little to the right.