Blue in winter

Hi NPN community

It has been a while since I posted something here. Have to get used to the “new” layout.
We have had a few frosty mornings here in the Netherlands and I noticed this Lithodora still holding on to some flowers.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Panasonic DC-G9,Olympus Macro60mm,F4.5,1/30

1 Like

Wow! I am really enjoying this shot, Ellen, with the colors being picked up in the frost around the edges of the bloom. Large view is a must see! I wish that stem wasn’t at the right of the bloom, it seems to be pulling my eye away from the beautiful subject. The colors are beautiful. I wonder even if you were to consider cropping this into a vertical, as the greenery to the right doesn’t seem to be adding to the image, if that would even improve this shot even more. Not sure if it would or not, just a thought. It is a lovely image as presented. Glad to see you posting, and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Ellen: Welcome back and thanks for a fine post. I really like the subject and the frost is a great complementary element. I took the liberty of making the stem Shirley mentioned go away and cropped it a little tighter to get rid of the dark corners. Looking forward to more of your work .>=))>

Hi Bill! That crop looks good and you did a fine job cloning the dark stem out. Thanks!

Hi Ellen. Love the delicate ice crystals on the flower. Bill’s crop and rework of the background works very well. Nice capture.

1 Like

The frosting of ice adds to the cool tones of this image. The flower looks bejewled. Charming image

So nice to see you posting again, Ellen - I have always admired your images. Love the sharp detail in the frosted petals - a very nicely composed shot.

Nice shot, though I think @Bill_Fach’s rework really tightens it up. Would like a little more dof on the top petal of flower, but not a deal breaker. It seeme the flower was pretty parallel to plane of focus, so maybe one more stop to 5.6 might have worked?