Frozen Daisy

Have been off on other pursuits lately and the time just flew. One of the things I have been doing is torturing flowers by freezing them. Here is one of the results.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 400, handheld, f18, 1/100 second.

1 Like

Wow, Kathy, frozen flowers, who would have thought! I like the results (not sure if the flower did). :grinning: Sounds like you are finding things to do while staying safe. Nicely done.

1 Like

Hi Kathy,

Well that is one way to remove motion blur :wink:. The texture is amazing and this one would look very nice as a black and white photo too. Well done…Jim

1 Like

A new way to me of performing flower photopraphy! Very creative, I like the result very much. The ice structure with its bubbles add a lot of interest, and the ice also distribute the light in a pleasing way.

1 Like

Must see the larger image to see the detail of this image. Love the process you experimented with and your result. Thanks for giving us a new way of seeing things.

1 Like

Kathy: Don’t know how you got the idea to freeze this flower but the result is wonderful. I’ll resist the temptation to report you to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Flowers :wink:. Marvelous image. >=))>

1 Like

A new way of seeing a flower! Love the effect of freezing and the resulting texture. Nice composition as well.

1 Like