Full moon madness

Updated crop…

Early morning walk in the Surfline and this snap-happy guy decided to go for my toes! Normally the crabs dig down into the sand as they feel the vibration of walkers on the beach. Was it the full-moon influence or maybe this is a were-crab?[quote=“EJ_Jewett, post:1, topic:15420, full:true”]

Early morning walk in the Surfline and this snap-happy guy decided to go for my toes! Normally the crabs dig down into the sand as they feel the vibration of walkers on the beach. Was it the full-moon influence or maybe this is a were-crab?
[/quote]

Hi EJ, I like this image with the rippling water over the crab’s claws but still being visible. The composition is nice with the crab in the upper part of the frame and more ripples below. Really interesting. I could see a crop from bottom removing the blue oof glare in the lower left corner. And maybe another version with the crab even more in the upper right corner. I like this quite much as presented though. Well done.

1 Like

EJ: You didn’t say if you have all your toes still :wink:. I agree with Allen about making that little bit of blue in the LLC go away somehow but this is a fine image. Besides the crab I like the textures and play of light on the ripples. Nice find and a solid capture. >=))>

1 Like

EJ, I really like this shot. I agree with Allen and Bill on the crop to loose that spot of blue. I am really enjoying the ripples and the play of light on them. Excellent capture.

1 Like

Ej, Love this image. agree with all the above including the blue on LLC. eye is sharp, Love the interplay of light and wave patterns. The wave lines leading to the subject and the low perspective make this a great image.

1 Like

EJ, this is a fun and very high quality catch of this crab. The top view (slightly cropped) is the best. In spite of its abuse of your toes, it looks like a neat experience.

1 Like