Gadwall Final Approach

Description:

I caught this landing Gadwall landing early one morning on a glass like pond.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, hand held, 1/2500th, f 5.6, 750mm, ISO 1250, cropped to 1235 x 1416.

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
no

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Very cool capture, Dave. Love the reflection.

Very cool, Dave. I always love how “mirrors” like this show us a different side, literally, of the subject. How else can you see the underside of a gadwall up close?! The photo is also delightfully disruptive of my reality, like, wait a second, I need to hang on the something until I can make sense of this.

1 Like

@Dave_Douglass That’s really some calm water! I thought it was sky at first and was confused by one of the gadwells seemed to be upside down. :smiley: When I realized it was a reflection, I found that really impressive. It definitely illustrates how calm and quiet the water is.

Dave, the quality of the reflection is excellent and the “surprise” does make for fun viewing.