Garden Sweet Pea I

Exploring close to home with family including grand children doesn’t allow a lot of time for contemplative images, nor carrying a ton of gear. It’s keeping open for opportunities on the move.

Walking from the viewing area of the Pennsylvania Railroad - Horseshoe Curve near Altoona the hillside along the steps was spotted with clumps of cultivated sweet pea. This is the result before the family got too far away and wondering where I got lost.

It’s a world famous location, but not for sweet pea. A good example of images where you find them, and the need to be ready for the opportunities.

We did see trains also.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
iPhone 8, processed on iPad with Lightroom Mobile.

These always look like old-fashioned ladies’ bonnets to me. The raindrops are fab, but the saturation seems a bit high to me.

1 Like

Lovely! I’d consider darkening the BG quite a lot to enhance the graphic look.

1 Like

The raindrops are real, on a soft slightly rainy day. I always have problems with color intensity being colorblind. I go with the RGB numbers, but that doesn’t take luminosity into consideration. I very seldom change saturation.

Thanks @_Kris @Diane_Miller

Namaste

I didn’t know you were color blind. The colors here are fabulous – intense for this delicate flower but no hint of over-saturation to me.

1 Like

Thanks Diane,

I’m not fully color blind, but mostly red-green. A gift from my grandfather who was totally color blind - the whole world black, white, or gray. If you look at the image below you will probably see that the upper and lower halves differ.

I don’t. They are exactly the same.