Garden Tour 1

Free Spirits 2
Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 200, 1/160 @ f8
Our garden is just going like gangbusters so I thought I would make it a point to post some representative images celebrating our good fortune and to tip my hat to my resident master gardener who has really outdone herself this Spring. I have a number of my images gracing the walls of my office and when people comment favorably I always tell them of our arrangement: I pay for our garden, Chrissy grows it and maintains it and I take pictures of it. I’m definitely getting the better deal although she does seem to be happiest with dirt and compost under her fingernails and blisters on her hands. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

Really appreciate this image, Bill, both as a gardener and photographer. I’ve eliminated the other person from my relationship with my garden so I do the money, the gardening, and the photography. I concede that you do way more garden photography tho. On the plus for me, I also design gardens so I take particular pleasure in the design of my various gardens on my property. It’s an absolute labor of love.

Anyway, I find the lighting on this image to be wonderfully bright but balanced. It’s a very low-contrast image as a result, which I like in this case. Can you name that plant?

I was wondering, what is the most interesting plant in the garden to photograph, and can you post an image of it?

Matt: Thanks for the kind comments. This is a Freesia. Here’s another view of this same flower when it first bloomed. It’s hard for me to pick a favorite although the rose I just posted has been a consistent producer of images for a number of years. I also have a soft spot for our callas. I’ll post one of them soon. >=))>

Beautiful flower and image of it. Very minor, but maybe add a little canvas and space along the left side and a little at the bottom? Feels a bit tight to me, but not an image breaker at all. Quite enjoyable!

Bill

How gorgeous!!! Keep the pictures coming. We have nothing here but a promise of some daffodils. Am practicing quarantine so no flowers from the market.

I will look forward to yours.

Kathy

Never seen a close up of a freesia in full bloom. Would have guessed it was in the lily family. Nicely presented.

Just beautiful, Bill. Sounds like a wonderful arrangement where you and Chrissy get to enjoy what you love to do, as well as the garden itself. I am enjoying your garden from a distance, so appreciate you sharing. :grinning:

This is a classic, Bill - the main flower set in among others in a strong composition. Your garden tour is much appreciated - especially as things are closing down so rapidly now.