Garden Tour 19

Shy Guy
Sony A77II
Sony 70-400 GII @ 300mm
ISO 400, 1/1600 @ f5.6
While commenting on Kathy Snead’s recent Tulip Lensbaby shot I noted how some gadgets/techniques go in and out of fashion and was reminded of cramming. I’ve always enjoyed it but for some reason I stopped looking for opportunities. Well this morning I spotted this Wild Horse day lily (who comes up with these names :roll_eyes: :thinking:) hiding in the shadows of one of our trees. There was a small window through the leaves that let me get this POV. The wind was blowing enough that the light was constantly changing so I just shot a bunch and weeded out the stinkers in LR. One of the tough things about cramming is that camera position often has to be very precise and getting the tripod adjusted just so is a trick. However I think the effort was justified. All comments welcome. >=))>

Bill, this is clearly a daylily lurking… :wink: I like your semi-cram approach with the misty obscuration in the lower right. The stamen and pistils stand out nicely along with the rest of the flower.

This works so well, Bill - dramatic lighting bringing a strong focus to the stamens, and a misty feel which sets off the flower to perfection. Most beautiful !!!

Excellent, Bill. I really like the green you shot through to get this and the glow in the base of the Day Lily is awesome.

Thanks for reminding me of this process. Good image Bill.