Garden Tour 6

Storm Warning
Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/80 @ f16
Meet the newest member of our hibiscus family. I liked the name and the colors especially. All comments welcome. >=))>

3 Likes

Bill, the sharpness and colors in the stamen and pistils look great. They’re also set off well by the background petals. The colors speak to our efforts to develop dramatic colors in the garden. A stunning garden addition that ought to be good for a lot of great images.

Very nice and captivating image, I like the quasi-contrast of colors and the swirling motion of the petals around the center elements. Excellent choice of in/out focus areas. There are so many beauties in the garden!..

As soon as I saw a hibiscus thumbnail I knew it was yours. Nicely done.

A gorgeous image here, Bill. Amazing detail in the main FG area. The overall image is just wonderful… :+1: :+1:

This is fantastic Bill. Not only are the colors beautiful and the details in the middle part of the flower (yeah, I won’t even pretend I know the anatomy beyond pedals and stems…) The color contrast between the yellows, bit of orange the reds, pinks, magenta’s - what a great combo.

My thought beyond the basics is, that this has a great sense of flow and motion - actually more like there’s a swirl, or a twirl going on, or much more less eloquently, like water flowing down the drain. Sorry. But seriously, there’s a gentle flow to this that makes this one stand out for me.

Lon

1 Like

Beautiful, Bill. Great dynamic comp and the shallow DofF works really well. Excellent.

Delicious is the word which first comes to mind, Bill - a superb capture of the sensuous flow of the petals setting off a wonderfully detailed centre

1 Like

I like Ian’s word, delicious, to describe this image, Bill. That is one beautiful flower, and you captured it really well. :+1: :+1: