Garden Tour 15

More Storm Warnings
Sony A77II
Minolta 100mm macro
ISO 400, 1/15 @ f16
This Storm Warning hibiscus (who comes up with these names?) is fast becoming my favorite variety in our garden. Most hibiscus flowers shrivel after a day but these linger two or three days and their color changes significantly in the cycle. This is not the same flower but are from the same plant. Both blooms went through pretty much the same color transition. All comments welcome. >=))>

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/13 @ f16

2 Likes

Hi Bill,

Both images are impressive, but I prefer the first one over the second. The overall depth of field is better and the brighter and less blue lighter areas give it a much more natural feeling than your second image. But, if your wall is big enough, both would look very nice matted and framed…Jim

Bill
I think I prefer the first image as well , although the colors of that second image are remarkable. You certainly have a cornucopia of flowers in that garden of yours. Wow!

The comp of the first image is stunning, Bill - that one would be my favourite. You can feel how the `storm warning ’ name came up - that vortex of colour with the protruding stamens really hits you in the eye.

Makes me feel dizzy but in a good way, Bill. I would agree with the others that my favorite is the first photo because I like how the simplicity of the colors help to emphasize the swirl and therefore the energy of the photo. Truly wonderful image.

In both images a vortex of splendid petals that run around the vital center. All your portrait of this flower are splendid, it inspires you. Bravo!

Both images are beautiful, Bill. I’m particularly fond of the second, the angle and the petal color make for a more dramatic presentation to me.