Weathering the Storm

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1 sec @ f22, -1.7 fill flash
As Tropical Storm Beta approaches we have had several bands of rain blow through the area. During one of the breaks I went out to check on our appropriately named Storm Warning hibiscus. It was way too windy to take a straight shot but I got interested in the effects I could get with the motion blur and some fill flash to somewhat freeze some of the drops and center details. I also added some texture in PS. Perhaps not everyone’s cup of tea but your comments and observations are always welcome. Please view large. >=))>

Really interesting flowing lines Bill. For me, this looks like an abstract watercolor. But knowing the storm that just past by, I’d say this photo is a great representation of the fierceness of Tropical Storm Beta. Nice capture.

Bill: there’s just enough detail to realize it’s a flower and not an abstract. Nicely done. Richard

Very nice! The flow is intriguing, the colors superb (with that center yellow sticking out as a punch), and the almost steady petal on the left anchor the view and gives a sense to the overall picture, at least to my eyes. Beautiful.