Gear test Tufted Titmouse

Sharpness, been having trouble getting sharp focus.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

General composition and appeal.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
EOS R, Sigma 150-600C + Canon 1.4xIII. 840mm, tripod 1/500 @ F-9 ISO 1250. Did remove a portion of the feeder. This is more of testing the camera/lens/ 1.4 X III.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

What a nice subject for testing gear, John. Congratulations on your new gear. I hope that you are totally satisfied with it. The eye looks sharp here, but at f9, I would have thought that the feathers on this little guy would have been a bit more sharp. You might have to micro adjust the combination of the TC and lens with your camera. It is possible that it is back focusing, hence the feathers which are closer to you than the eye is not as sharp as the eye. Maybe someone else that more experience with this can look at the photo and tell if that is the issue or not. I love that you captured him with the seed in his mouth.

I think that overall, it’s a nice look at the Titmouse. Somehow, it looks pleased to have the seed in its mouth. I would have liked to have seen some catch light. Nice background for the shot.