Tufted titmouse

Description: Tufted titmouse in flight

Specific Feedback Requested: Expo sure.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? Used Topaz AI to sharpen and reduce noise.
Canon R6, Canon 100-500mm, 1/000 @ F-8 ISO 1000

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

The exposure looks fine to me, John. It does look as if the bird were slightly faster than your autofocus, but the action and angle are cool enough to overcome that.

Holy cow!! No way I’m gonna critique your exposure on this! Like you shoulda rolled some wheel 1.5 stops some way?? I’ve never gotten enough focus on a bird that just launched from a perch to even see what it is.

It looks very intent with its little bullet-like pose. But if your request could be read as about contrast, the bird might be served with some highlight reduction and shadow lightening, but the BG looks perfect to me so that could take some masking.

Wow. Is that ever a little bullet. Exposure looks fine to me. As mentioned focus is just behind head which given the action is understandable.

I wonder if birds take flying for granted? Images like this make it looks like it would be so much fun.