Get a little rest

I found a dense piece of the forest divided in four parts of different form and color.
Grass onder, tree trunks left, dense branches in the middle, colored leaves on the right.
It brought a peaceful feeling.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

All feedback is more than welcome. Maybe there is more than I see

Technical Details

F8, 1/150, iso 320, 24-70 at 70mm

1 Like

I like the beautiful soft tones in this image, Ben. The browns, golden grass and the leftover orange leaves from fall all blend together very well. The different forms of the trees really make this photo come together too. I agree, this is a very peaceful feeling image. Congratulations on seeing this composition! Great job.

Ben,

Well, ya got me. I’m not seeing this one. I do agree with Donna, I’m really enjoying the tones, colors as well as the textures.

I see a wonderfully expressive tree… behind what I see is a fine mesh of tiny, entangled branches - so fine that it feels like my eye is being blocked from seeing the tree behind. I’m being drawn to the center and it’s blocking me. Not sure if that makes sense.

But as a then go around the outer frame I get to enjoy those softer colors and tones including the reds on the left and the golden grasses at the bottom.

I know what’s missing! The Haiku! :slight_smile: