Golden crown kinglet

I found this small bird at a wildlife refuge near Olympia. I’m unable to find any close match in any of my guides. Would really appreciate an ID. It’s warbler like in size.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 12800, 100-400+1.4 extender at 560 mm, F8, 1600th, no flash, handheld,A7R4, 80% of full frame, minor cloning to remove distracting elements

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I don’t know what kind of little bird this is, but he is a cutie. Great shot of him, David. I like the pose he is giving you.

Looks like a Golden Crowned Kinglet (Sibley’s guide).

Golden-crowned Kinglet, David. Looks like it’s in full breeding plumage already. An absolutely gorgeous shot and a very hard bird to get, Congratulations.

Great look at this one. Nice pose, detail, and background. Lucky to catch a glimpse of the crown.

No nits from me. A tough bird to get indeed…Jim

Lovely little fellow! Nice to have it completely in the open, here they then to be very active in leafy surroundings. Love it ! Cheers, Hans