Golden Hour Glide +Rework

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The water here takes on the texture of crinkled silk, with the fading sunlight casting a tapestry of gold and blue across its surface. It’s a straightforward scene, yet there’s an inherent sense of motion as the pelican flies low, seamlessly tracing its path in the cool evening air

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

22 mm at ISO 640 and 1⁄3200sec at ƒ/10

Nice. The water patterns are what makes this picture. The bird is an added bonus.
I think the image has a super tiny cw tilt.
:metal:

Lovely, Don! One thing I would look at, it looks like there is a cloud casting a shadow over on the far left hand side of the image. Maybe dodging that transition to smooth it out so it isn’t so abrupt. The bird was perfectly timed. Feels good when you get it just right!

@David_Wallace @Michael_Lowe

Thanks for the valuable feedback! I had been sitting there, rotating this image over and over, and even when the horizon edges were perfectly aligned, it still looked skewed. Lightening that left edge highlighted just enough of the true horizon line, and I think that has made all the difference. Thanks again!