Gray Fox Male + Repost

All the scorching hot, dry weather doesn’t seem to have been detrimental to this guy. He looks pretty healthy. Photo captured in my back yard.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM Zoom @190mm, f/6.7, 1/500 sec., ISO 1000. Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. I did select the fox individually and brightened him up just a bit as he was standing in fairly deep shade. Topaz De-noise applied.

4 Likes

Very nice, and great job on the selection and adjustment! He looks relaxed.

Surely looks like smart fox ! What I really like is the contrast of textures, between fox and tree. While looking at the large file, before looking at the techs, I correctly guessed that image is taken with a zoom lens.
It may work better as a vertical frame instead of square comp.
You may apply some NR on the BG.

Thanks @Diane_Miller. He does look like a happy and relaxed guy, doesn’t he.

Thanks @JRajput. I tried a vertical crop as suggested, and lightened the overall scene just a bit. (Maybe too much?) It looked a bit “murky” to me.

@terryb I see the potential in the image. The fox is really nice and I don’t mind the squarish crop. The original is underexposed and the repost is so contrasty on the fox, that it loses all the character of the original. The bright back of the fox pulls me away from the head / eyes completely.

Here’s a version with a global adjustment to brighten the entire frame, selective adjustments to fox to bring a bit more light, some dodging of the eyes/chest, NR on the background.

1 Like

Thanks @Keith_Bauer. The original image was definitely underexposed. Your rework is better.

Thanks for the EP, @JRajput!