Gray Fox Pup

Here’s a portrait I got of one of 5 Gray Fox pups that I snagged near its den a while back. It sure looks cuddly but I bet if you were to try to pet it you’d lose a finger or two…

Specific Feedback Requested

Cropping?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, hand held, 1/2000th, F7.1, 500mm, ISO 6400, cropped to 1488 x 1150, AI Clear

2 Likes

The side lighting works well here and the eyes look nice and sharp. Good that it’s looking straight a ton you. I wouldn’t crop it anymore.

Oh wow! How lucky are you! Beautiful photo! Are you able to go back and watch them grow up? Have you seen the parents? That’s awesome!

Very cute little guy and great image of him. It does look cuddly.

Unfortunately, mama and the kids abandoned the den for parts unknown right after I got a few shots of them. I did get a couple of so-so shots of the mama, and that was it.

Oh no, I hope this little one is okay and that they are back together.

No, they all left at once. This one’s sibling’s were all just out of the frame here. I think it all worked out.

1 Like

I really like the angle of light, kinda Rembrandt lighting and cub looks cute.
Somehow, picture lacks the fine details, could be due to 1.4 TC on a zoom??

Nice catch, Dave, They can sometimes be curious little rascals. Sorry to hear they have moved on. I have a pair of Gray Foxes and a pair of Red Foxes hanging around. Hopefully, I’ll have some photos of kits to share later this spring.

1 Like