Gray Fox Kit

I wasn’t privileged to see any offspring of the Gray Foxes this year, for the first time in many years. I suspect they didn’t bring them around owing to the danger of Red Foxes in the area this year. So, I had to settle for reviewing photos I captured kits from a previous brood. This little guy was probably about four months old when I captured this photo.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM Zoom, f/5.6, 1/250 sec., ISO 320, Hand Held. Processed in Canon DPP and PSE 2020 for exposure and color only.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Cute little fox. I like the direct look at the camera.

I think this image is significantly over saturated, both the background and the fox.

I would also prefer more room at the bottom of the frame to avoid cutting off the feet of the little critter.

Thanks, Keith. I’ll review my edits.

Nice pose with the straight on look towards the camera Terry, but Keith could be right about the saturation and toes.

No problem, Ryan. At least those things are easily adjusted. Thanks for your comments.

Hi Terry!

It is very high on cuteness scale ! I agree with Keith’s evaluation, also find the contrast on the higher side and you may reduce the blacks here.

Hi, Jagdeep. He is definitely a cutie! I will work on the edits. Thanks!