Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 640, f6.3, 1/2000s, hand held

@allensparks.wildlife
2 Likes

The light on both images is spectacular. Nice wing positions on both shots. The first may need a tad of clockwise rotation.

Allen, what a great find and capture. I think I like the second one the best, just because I see more of his environment. I would be thrilled to either one mine! I like how his colors are complimented with the background colors of nature. The wing position is great in both, and carrying the stick is a really nice bonus.

I like the second one the best as well, for the same reason as Shirley.

Nice and sharp BIF and nice OOF Background. Makes the GBH pop. And of course the twig in its beak, which is the icing on the cake. Well done.

Neat to get two frames with almost exactly the same wing position, Allen. Excellent detail and nice compositions. Looking at the small images, it appeared that the second had a touch more contrast in that near wing, but when I went to the larger images, I couldn’t really discern a difference. Both are excellent images.

Beautiful look at the upper wings, and great job on the techs. Although both equally good, my personal preference is for the 2nd one. Best, Hans

My comments were going to mirror David’s. Really nice work. I also prefer the 2nd.

Agree with the others…2nd for me as well. Great story-telling image. Love that curl at the tip of the wing! Great placement below the “horizon”!