Great Blue Heron

Took these shots this morning while walking around the neighborhood lake.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600mm C
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/2500s, hand held

@allensparks.wildlife

Wonderful series of these beautiful Blue Heron, Allen. Thanks for positing them.

Really nice light. I like the second one but a tad of CCW tilt might help. Wing position on second image along with open beak is very artistic.

Good eye sharpness, color and exposure on all three. I love it when they dip their wingtips. I think they do it, “because they can.”

A very nice series, Alan. I particularly like the first with that really cool water trail behind the bird.

Hi Allen
All 3 shots are verily nicely photograph, each one is telling a story. They have good framing, detail and left me with a smile.
Peter

I went back to these images today because after a second look, I determined that the Herons, though sharply detailed, didn’t stand out against the BG as much as it could…not necessarily should, but could, thus making it the star of the show. In this edit, I just did a quick select of the heron and water droplets, with select and mask then gave it a bit of an exposure adjustment. These are super sensitive sliders but a gentle touch can reveal a tad more dynamism - well, in my humble opinion but as with any edit, only a different view, not better.

1 Like

Definitely a bit more pop than the original, Chris. Very good work.

1 Like