Great Blue Heron

Saw this Great Blue Heron on the swamp tour this weekend.

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 1600, f6.3, 1/800s, hand held from boat.

Any comments appreciated.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@allensparks.wildlife

1 Like

I really like the look of that swamp Allen. It looks tidal. Very nice photo of the heron in its element. I am not sure if my preference would be to lighten everything up, just the heron or leave as is. I like the placement of the heron nice and low in the frame as well.

Another pleasing image with interesting contrast between the bird and its environment. Almost looks like one of those black-and-white subjects in a color background. The fall colors stand out nicely.

Nice environmental shot of the heron. Like the composition. Like David, I wondered how this would look lightened up.

A wonderful environmental shot, Allen. I personally like it as it is, with him standing out nicely against those cypress trees in the background. Very nice.

This is fantastic, Allen. The red leaves being the only real colorful things in the image, and the heron perfectly positioned ! Love it ! Cheers, Hans

Hi Allen
Leave the photograph as is. The Blue pops off the background and the soft reds just add to the scene. Nice work.
Peter

Wonderful!! Excellent detail on the bird and the BG is gorgeous! My only suggestion is print and hang.