Great Egret returning to nest

It seems like the Great Egrets often call to their mate as they return to the nest, which gives the impression of a joyful reunion. Taken from Mike Ramy’s boat in the St. Johns river. (7D2, 100-400 @ 371, 1/2000 s, f/11, iso 800, 60% of FF)

3 Likes

Hi Mark
You have a very nice looking pre-landing Egret photograph. The white look good and open mouth shot just adds to this photograph.
Peter

Really nice look at this great Egret. Good detail for ISO 800 and you got a nice breeding plumage with the open beak. I like the hanging legs. Fills up the frame nicely.

Hi Mark, really sharp frame and great expression on the bird. Exposure looks spot on. Well done!

Very nice, Mark. I really like the landing pose in this image. Excellent detail in the whites. Is this still that same rookery? I really need to get to Florida again, though it didn’t do my back much good.

Very nice, with wonderful sharpness and tonal detail!

You have them landing more on your level, which is very nice. My opportunities are all looking up toward tree tops.

Mark, what a great shot. The timing is perfect to capture the announcement that he was back home. Wonderful details.

Hi Mark,

I think that you nailed this shot perfectly. Egret has excellent details and a perfect pose. Comp is good and I like the frame filling subject with enough room on the edges for framing. Well done…Jim

@Dennis_Plank, This rookery is further north. The one you visited lost some trees in the hurricanes and has many fewer birds. Mike has a new, faster boat so he can go places that were previously out of reach.

Hello, Mark, nice actions shot ! The open beak makes the images for me. Techs look great. Cheers, Hans

Hey Dennis, you will really like my new boat, it is much easier on an old Man’s body than your last trip. The 2022 Florida Spring Break Tour will have some new aspects to it and is scheduled for the entire months of February and March, more info here - https://www.mikieproductions.com/florida-spring-break-tour . Hope you can make it back again - Mike