Great Egret with catch

Seen at Ding Darling NWR, Sanibel Island, FL. Taken on a cloudy day which resulted in the light grayish water.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7D2, Sigma 150-600mm C, monopod
ISO 800, f6.3, 1/1600s

@allensparks.wildlife

Excellent job on the plumage color and detail. The setting and composition work well.

Oh, I like your Great Egret shot, Allen. Some nice crisp details as mentioned by @David_Schoen. The white on gray look is very fine, and it gives a wonderful minimalist look and feel to the image. Maybe just a tad too tight on the left side for me eyes. Did you capture the entire ripple circle? If so, that would be an interesting element if it kept the starkness, even if the subject became a little smaller. Like the Egret’s almost dissappointed look as the captured prey was so small. Very nice in many ways.

Superb detail in the white plumage, Allen. I love the composition and the grayish water gives this a very nice minimalist feel. If you have the complete ripple circle I think it would work even better.

I like the low level viewpoint and the high key effect. The ripples somewhat frame the egret. Nice one.

Very nice! All said above! I’ll add that the light on the back gives a very nice separation from the BG.