Great Egret

Here are some Great Egret images I took on a cypress swamp tour last October.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 1000, f6.3, 1/1600s, hand held from boat

And a couple more…

@allensparks.wildlife
2 Likes

All three are fine images Allen. I like how the white egret is isolated against a dark bg. Nice poses and focus is sharp. That’s is a fine balancing act in the third and a lovely pose in the first but I especially like the middle picture. The bird really stands out in that environment.

Those cypress swamps are beautiful. I like all 3, but I think the last one is my favorite. I love the perch in that one, and the water and pose of the bird are great.

You’re getting nice detail and exposure on the egrets. I like the third egret, but like the second background. All are nice environmental shots. The second egret looks a bit weird to my eye, as if the head and neck were just resting on top of the body-must be the angle, but looks strange. Anyone else see that?

Hi AllenYou have posted three classic Great Egret photographs. The Cypress swamp is great background. The whites and feather detail look vary good. Nice posting.
Peter

Allen, these are all fine shots. I especially like #1 with the balance between the bird (and how well it shows) and that stump coming in from the left. The hanging vegetation does a good job of completing the story.

A fine series of images, Allen. I think I like the second best as it has a superb sense of place.