Green anole displaying

I’m in Florida this week and found this guy on the grounds of our condo. High key look is from a background of sky low on the horizon. Wish I could have gotten the feet fully in view but he sauntered off before I could manage that. I decided to rotate the image to horizontal from a downward vertical and I also straightened the perch.

Canon 7D2, 300 f4L IS, 1.4x TC II
ISO 400, f8, 1/250s, fill flash, hand held

Any comments appreciated

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Allen, this is a fine catch on the display, with the details and colors glowing nicely from your high key treatment. Yes, feet would be nice, but then the angle of view and more importantly the background would be different.

Beautiful, Allen. Neat to see such detail in this display. An excellent composition and the white background works very well.

Allen: Really strutting his stuff! I love watching these guys showing off. Nice catch and a fine capture.>=))>

OOOH! The detail and the BG really bump this up a notch! Good work!

This is spectacular. I love the watermelon colors and the pose. Nicely done.
ML

Gorgeous capture, Allen, the colours of this guy are bumped by the high key approach.
Grt, Ingrid.

Totally digging this. I grew up in FL and spent a lot of time chasing Green Anoles around. FL is truly a land of lizards, and you nailed this guy. I love the detail of the scalation around the mouth, eye, and back. Awesome stuff.