Green Jewel

Sometimes, you find them at home too. You never tend to look around.

6D2. 180 Tam, ISO 400. F 8, 1/125

Balan Vinod

Gorgeous, Balan. The detail in the beetle is superb and I like the composition, though I am a bit ambivalent about the partial red blossom at the top. It does tend to pull my eye quite a bit, though the beetle pulls about the same, so it does add some visual tension.

Great detail and color on a very interesting beetle. Although the red flower has nothing to do with the subject, unless the beetle like those :grinning:, I like the complimentary color just for a little color contrast. However, I still locked right in on the beetle, so well done.

Balan, this is a nice look at this little beetle. Not familiar with him, but I love the color of him. I agree with Lanis, my eye doesn’t stay long on the red flower before I am pulled back to this bright colored beetle. The subject holds the attention.

Balan, great looking insect well captured. The iridescent colors really pop out and keep my attention. I too am ambivalet about the flower on the top, but the iridescent colors on the beetle keep my attention.

Balan, that’s an amazing iridescent beetle. You’ve got excellent detail in the beetle and the leaf it’s on. As I look longer, the red flower seems like it belongs, the scene would be quite monochromatic without it.

Thanks every one for your kind words. I left the frame very close to what i Shot and intentionally included the red flower, so that viewers can come up with their opinions.
This is a Lychee Shield Bug - Scutelleridae…there are also a lot of color variations with the base as green.

Balan: My conventional brain would actually prefer a tighter view of this marvelously colored beetle but I can see why you included the leaf. I just think this beetle deserves all the attention. >=))>