Green Kingfisher

From a moving boat on the Tarcoles River, Costa Rica

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
iso 1250, 500 PF plus 1.4X, 2000th, f8, handheld, D500, DxO PhotoLab, AI Clear, Topaz Adjust, ACR, TK sharpening at 1%, 80% of full frame

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Wow David you really did well to catch this guy so well from a moving boat. Looks sharp to me beak to tail. Nice exposure too. Techs seem spot on. Good detail in the shadows on the bird. Nice background. Well done!

Not an easy light and you have done well. Sharpness and detail is excellent. This guy looks wet, has he been diving?

Excellent catch - the kingfishers in Central are wonderful.
Great colour, bright eye, tack-sharp, nice pose and clear BG.
Very cool !
Sandy

Looked wet to me. These Kingfishers have plenty of food in this river and are always diving. Wet plumage presents challenges of its own for harsh light photography.

Very good, David. A nice side on pose and as others have noted, the details and exposure are spot on. Good processing as well to keep all the highlights in check.

It look like you clicked on the wrong region tag and you ended up with South instead of Central America.

Lovely job on a tough exposure David, this is an Amazon Kingfisher, note the very large beak. It was great shooting with you for a couple of days down there.

Excellent shot. of a beautiful bird. No complaints from me. I agree with everyone else on the techs.

This is really impactful, especially the larger version. IQ is spectacular. And the perch and BG are both fantastic. Super shot. My only two small nits are that I wish for the faintest of head turns, and the whites got a little hot on you. Neither bother me much. Hope you print this!