Grooming turkey vulture

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Processed with Topaz Denoise A1, over all sharpness and feather detail

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Composition

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon EOS RP, RF 800mm F-11, is stem
1/640, F-11, ISO 1000, Hand held,

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

John, you sure captured nice details in this Turkey Vulture. I personally like the composition, and how the limb above him seems to frame him. Very nicely done.

Thank you Shirley for your kind comment. I enjoy photographing vultures, specially in flight where their grace is shown.

Thank you Shirley.

1 Like

I like the composition with the vulture standing out nicely from the background. Good action; can’t recall ever seeing a vulture preen before.

Nice image, seeing this rather plump bird performing such a delicate task makes it somehow more likable … Fine detail in the image. Like it! Cheers, Hans

Hi John
This photograph serenity give a personality to the Turkey Vulture. The detail and framing add to the over all feel of this photo. Nice work.
Peter

Love the preening pose. And I too like the branch above. Light looks nice. I guess I’m in the minority, but it looks like the detail could be better. Was this a big crop?

Thank you all for your comments on my grooming vulture photo. I am still trying to get a really good shot of one or more in flight.

Interesting action in good light, and nicely composed! The bird has a sort of dreamy look! The BG is interesting without being distracting. My only tiny nit would be to clone out the two small darker branches exiting the UL corner.