Protective

I took this shot a few years ago, and right off my head I can’t remember the settings, or even the camera I used (probably Canon 5D II). I remembered this image I had prepared to post sometime back before my computer crashed, after seeing a couple of vultures on NPN in the last few days. I like the way the one seems to be shielding the other with it’s wings.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Hi Shirley, nice details throughout on both birds - well done on these black birds. I like the pose with the open wings as well. Very minor nits are I wish the front bird’s beak was not partially behind the wing and I might try burning down the pine cones a bit. A well done image IMO.

1 Like

I like the composition, Shirley, and the two vultures both looking the same way. The depth of field is awesome with both the tree and both vultures sharp.

1 Like

Great pose, light and very nice techs, Shirley. I also like the way you have composed the image with space for both the vultures to look into. For some reason, I find the head of the main vulture just a hair soft in the larger version. The second vulture looks very sharp, so I am guessing it’s either an optical illusion or a bit of motion blur. Fine image, nonetheless.

1 Like

I find this a very pleasing composition with the pose, lighting, and setting. Nice work.

1 Like