Happy Flapping

Earlier this week I found some Red-crested Pochards, nice birds i.m.o. and the flapping was the highlight of the visit. Thanks for any feedback, Cheers, Hans
ps more can be seen in my blog: https://www.hansoverduin.nl/the-crown/

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D500 with 500mm f4 | 1/2000s | f5 | ISO280 | taken from a small jetty, lying flat on it

1 Like

You again have some really nice photos Hans. All from a good low angle. This one has a nice dynamic pose. I like the shadow and highlighted areas on the head in this one. Good for you.

1 Like

Lovely, my kind of angle… great subject.

1 Like

Hi Hans, nice low POV and the exposure looks spot on. Nice flapping pose with pleasing surroundings. Well done.

1 Like

Hans, the wings flapping makes this shot extra nice. I like how the grasses in the background compliment the brown head. Such a nice shot with great details.

1 Like

I can see why you like this species, Hans, it’s a stunning looking bird. Superb detail and pose. Very well done.

1 Like

Hi Hans! Beautiful bird and beautiful shot! I love the pose and your detail and lighting are right on. The background works well too. Well done!

1 Like

Great timing, lovely subject, great background… Add it all up… Great image. Nicely executed.

1 Like

Great detail and pose on this beautiful duck.

1 Like

Beautiful. Love the background and the wing flap. Lighting is just right, and I always love your blog posts! If anything, I think I’d add a touch of sharpening to the head.

1 Like

Hi Hans,

The colors of this duck are wonderful. I especially like the expression of the face and eye. This duck is enjoying life. Well done…Jim