Help, can some one Id this bird

I am having fun going through some of this winter shots, that didn’t fit into a posting slot at that time. This photo was taken at Harkness Memorial State Park, Ct. on Feb. 11, 2022. at 9:16 AM.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

CanonR5, Canon 100-500mm& 1.4ext, f10, 661mm, 1/2000, -1EV, ISO 640 and cropped by 54%. Miner adjustment of highlights, in DXO Photo Lab.5.

I’ll do a full critique later but looks like a Northern Mockingbird to me on my phone.

Merlin Photo ID’s it as a Northern Mocking Bird.

1 Like

The perch has some symmetry, so I’d be tempted to clone out the lighter branch on the left. I like the overall composition and the background works well with the bird. Nice stare it’s giving you.

Love the head on stare and the background is great. I could see cropping off more from the right.

Nice pose on the Mockingbird, Peter. I love the bramble perch, but I think you could remove the other brambles and take a bit off the right.

Yep–nice Northern mockingbird. They are moving north and this one found Connecticut to its liking. The BG is very nice and goes well with the mockingbird…Jim

Oh yes, mockingbird for sure. They are in abundance here in North Carolina, and they think they have the deed to our house and yard! They have dive-bombed us a few times when they thought we were too close to their nest that we didn’t realize was in one of the bushes near the house. They drive every other bird away. I do love to hear them sing though. They can mimic about anything. I was out for a walk once and heard a hawk which sounded like he was very close to me. I couldn’t see a hawk though, then I finally saw the mockingbird on a wire. He sure had me all excited that a hawk was around. You captured the stare nicely.

Hi
Thank you all for the comments and Iding this Northern Mockingbird. Here is a repost of the Mockingbird.
Peter

1 Like