Identifying this bird

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Well it has been over a year sense I last posted a photograph and in that time I moved and now spend two days a week on Tai Chi and one day at Rock Steady Boxing, to control my newly discovered Parkinson’s. (If you know a person with Parkinson’s Tai Chi and Rock Steady Boxing are a big help).

Anyway back to this photograph, I was watching a Loon on the Back River in Old lyme, Ct. and this little fat guy was watching me. I need help in identifying him or her.

Thank you for stopping by.

Peter J. Morrissey

Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Shooting Date/Time 02/10/20 10:10:34
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/3200
Av(Aperture Value) 8.0, Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -1, ISO Speed 800
Lens 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary 015
Focal Length 421.0mm, Image Quality RAW
AF Mode AI Servo AF, AF area select mode AF Point expansion:surround
Picture Style Standard, Sharpness 3
I used Lightroom 6 to increase the exposure by +.85, contrast by +6, whites by +55,
Blacks by +19 and clarity by +14.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Peter, I am so sorry to hear of your health issues. I do know 3 people right off that have Parkinson’s, but one is not able to get up and move on his own anymore, one is 93, and she has someone to come in and help her with therapy. The 3rd one is maybe able to do these, so will mention it to him (I think he is probably late 70’s to around 80). It is a terrible disease, but I am so glad to hear that you have found something that helps you.

To the bird at hand, this is a Mockingbird. They are more than plentiful here in NC. They are bossy little guys, and they think they own our yard and don’t want another bird to visit! You got a nice look at him. Love his perch. Hope to see more of your work soon.

Welcome back, Peter. I’m sorry to hear about the Parkinson’s, but it sounds like you’re handling it well. Very nice detail in the Mockingbird and I like the pose The background is pretty busy, but it still stands out pretty well. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Hi
Thank you Shirley and Dennis for identifying this bird as a Mockingbird. Ya I couldn’t do anything about the background, the Mockingbird keep working it’s way through the bush.
As for the Parkinson’s I am 70 and the Tai Chi really help my balance and Rock Steady Boxing work the upper body and also acts as a mentor’s group. Every one there has Parkinson’s.
Peter

1 Like

A nice look at the Mockingbird in its habitat (the berries add a nice touch). I like how some of the branches are arching over the bird and seem to frame it a bit; as such, I could see a slight crop off the top and the right.