Here, Kitty Kitty - reworked

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This “kitty” was lying in the road, daring our van to pass her. As long as there are no body parts hanging out of the window you can safely get close to these “kitties”. But they rule the road.

Specific Feedback

general feedback welcomed

Technical Details

It was taken with a Sony a6400 with a 100-400 telephoto lens, handheld. ISO 3200, f/10, 1/250 sec. Processed in LR and PS with TK6 luminosity masking.

Thanks to @Jim_Gavin , @HennyJA , and @Judi_Hastings for commenting on this picture. I am pretty sure the fur was not soft. Lions have very harsh coats. (I have “walked” with them and touched them!) I followed @Mark_Seaver 's suggestion and cropped more. I like the tighter crop. Thanks Mark

2 Likes

Hi Barbara, what a humorous shot you made! I can feel the soft fur with my finger. It is un unusual compo, but it works for me, because you forget the danger above the sweet toes. So, I didn’t dare to caress…….
Very well done.

Great idea and well executed. Fits challenge nicely.

My, what big furry feet your have… This is fun and it works well as the details in the fur stand out. For a more conventional view, I’d say a bit more space on the left, but since this is unusual comp. week, I’d suggest cropping a bit more from the left and the bottom to further emphasize those furry feet.

I like this image. Sometimes people are so taken with the whole animal that they forget to look at the details, such as what massive feet they have, or a strong facial feature, etc. I did this with a bear claw, because to this day, those nails/claws just amaze me. Well done!