Hi key, hi iso Crow Portrait

Taken last year. Crow plumage is very difficult to get correct. Hope I did it justice.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

ISO 12,800, 400+ 2X, F7 .1, 3200th, A7r4

1 Like

Looks great to me!! I always have trouble deciding how much detail black plumage should have. Looks like you nailed it here!

I think that you got it captured very well. This photo shows the quieter side of a crow being a crow. Well done…Jim

Love corvids, but not many people appreciate or photograph them. The feather detail looks terrific, very glossy and intense. I’d have been tempted to add more texture or clarity in the feathers, but I think I like this smoother look. The white background brings an element of austerity to the portrait, something I often associate with crows. Whenever I see a few of them marching around, I think of church deacons disapproving everything they see. Nicely done!

“Thus Quoth the Raven.” I know it’s not a Raven, but that line came to me as I looked at the image. Love the B&W treatment, David. This works on all levels.

I think you managed very well as a matter of fact ! Love the details in the plumage. Well done! Hans

Very good, David. Excellent detail and the blacks look good. I like the high key treatment of the background.

Nice high key portrait. Blacks look to be well handled.

I think you did it justice, and I really like your crop choice, which makes it look torpedo-like and evokes a nice sense of potential movement in a stationary pose.