Hibiscus Corner

Sony A77II - Watercolor Mode
Sony 70-400G-II @ 105mm
ISO 200, 1/15 @ f16
Doing a drive by in the garden this morning I spotted this happy scene and really liked the effect the watercolor mode produced. Also added an oil paint filter in post processing. All comments welcome. Straight capture in first comment. >=))>

1 Like

And here is the straight capture.

Lovely Bill
I like the oil paint one the best. Your garden is amazing!!

Very nice, Bill. I love that the placement of the Hibiscus. I like both shots, but I think like Kathy, I like the oil paint one the best. :billed_cap: off to the gardner!

You have some great garden there Bill. I like the oil paint filter the best. Did you use the default settings are play around with it? I’m asking because I’m pretty lazy and just use default where the effect is much more pronounced.

Michael: I’m pretty lazy myself but I’ve found the oil paint filter pretty easy to play with. I think it makes a difference depending on the final presentation. There are some settings that work well for web display but others if done for print, especially if you want the effect to be evident vs subtle.

Nice Garden! Beautiful flowers. Hibiscus well-placed. I like the oil pain version.