Hibiscus Corner

Sony A77II - Watercolor Mode
Sony 70-400G-II @ 105mm
ISO 200, 1/15 @ f16
I couldn’t let this challenge go by without showing a portion of our garden. I posted this earlier in Flora but thought it fit the challenge perfectly. Our hibiscus and pentas are flowers that seem to thrive in the heat and are mainstays after the exuberance of spring fades. Added some texture and brush strokes just for fun. The straight shot can be viewed in the first comment. >=))>

And the straight capture

Very nice color contrast between hibiscus and other flowers. Well composed. Second image works better for me. I just prefer less saturation but they both have their place.

What a nice pleasing image. The colors coordinate nicely. Both presentations are nice, but I like the more natural look best, I think.

Wonderful photo Bill; and such a beautiful garden. I am totally enjoying this new technique you’ve developed for some of your flower photos. Seems to give them, at least for me, just a hint of a painterly feel. Thanks for sharing your peace of heaven with NPN group.

Bill, this is a terrific collection of flowers, with the variety of shapes. I like the textured version, it retains an overall realistic look with the added interest of the enhanced textures. I think the reduced details improve the visual flow.