Undervalued

Sony A77II -Watercolor Mode
Sony 70-400G-II @ 300mm
ISO 400, 1/1000 @ f11
This Rose of Sharon hibiscus is a prolific and consistent bloomer even in the heat of summer but I rarely shoot it because of the weird structure of its center and the position of the bush in our garden often results in some cluttered and unattractive BG elements. However I liked this bloom with the small grouping of buds along the upper edge and the uneven light striking the flower. Added some sandstone texture in CS. All comments welcome. >=))>

2 Likes

Lovely photo of this hibiscus Bill. You’ve gotten wonderful detail in the white highlights and shadows. Also like the subtle addition of the sandstone texture. Clearly will thought out and executed. Great job.

Lovely image Bill. Clear and tack sharp. Around here they are called the Last Rose of Summer. Hope that doesn’t mean winter is just around the corner.

Beautiful flower captured and presented well. Dof is excellent rendering the entire flower sharp. Nice composition. The enlarged view is much better and I love the sandstone texture. I hadn’t seen it before.

Bill: I like how clearly the flower is defined and how well it stands out against the oof background. Excellent control of the whites. Richard

Bill
I think it is simply lovely and would not change a thing. So tropical looking -
Best
Kathy