Greeting Committee + Artistic Version

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G-II @ 150mm, CPL
ISO 400, 1/20 @ f8
This Autumn Splendor hibiscus was leaning out over our front sidewalk right at eye level this morning as I came out the door. I liked the bud peeking over the top of the main flower. Used a polarizer to knock down the sheen on the leaves. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

And here is a version with the in camera Illustration Mode and some texture filter added in PS.

1 Like

Both are beautiful photos Bill. Gorgeous colors, great composition and nice OOF background. I tend to like the the second version best for it’s simplified lines and intense colors. Very nicely done and processed.

A gorgeous photo and a stunning artistic representation, Bill. You have made me want to experiment with an illustration edit.

Both are excellent Bill! I’d only suggest maybe removing the brighter green spots along the bottom edge, just to remove them as a possible distraction. But overall a great composition and background. And I really love the second version - that’s a really interesting and nice-looking effect that really works well with this image. Nicely done.

Bill, Lovely flower and I like both presentations, but favor the original. you have brought out the texture on the petals very well, almost feels real on enlarged image. Nice composition.

Bill, I missed this one the other day, evidently. It is gorgeous. I like both, but prefer the natural look myself. Hats off you you on the photo, and to Chrissy for providing you with such beautiful subjects. I like those buds above the bloom too. Always nice to get a bloom and a bud. Great shot.

Bill: while I like both versions I still prefer the natural look. The colors and detail in the mature flower are a visual treat. Richard