Portrait In Oils

Sony A77II - Watercolor Mode
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/320 @ f5.6
About the only things blooming in our garden are hibiscus but at least they are providing me some showy subjects. In the normal capture there were too many distracting BG elements so I thought I would try this approach. Added the oil paint in PS. All comments welcome. >=))>

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like it, Bill. That sure is a beautiful yellow hibiscus. Our flowers are dying out as well.

That oil paint thingy works well with this. It really makes it nicely graphic. The only thing I see is the bright end of that cut or broken stem directly below the flower. It has a distinctive shape and contrasts with the area around it so it sticks out (so to speak).

Beautiful photo and I like the oil treatment. The colors are fantastic. I am not as concerned with the stem end as with the light green square with the dark area in it at the left of the stem end. Not very noticeable but I do seem drawn to it a bit.