Hibiscus Dark Background

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5dMkIII, f 3.5, 1/400sec., iso 300. Topax Labs for final sharpen and denoise. Used masking of flower and painted in background.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A beautiful variety of this lovely species, John. I like the job you did on the flower and the lighting is lovely. The dark bud emerging into the frame is a nice touch. I think you could trim just a bit off the right and top.

John Wayne: Beautifully lit and exposed with terrific color. I’m with Dennis also on the hint of the bud; nice touch.

I would add a caution and a request regarding posting size. The largest version is way too big to be viewed even on my large monitor and full resolution images are easy prey for image thieves. Posting in the neighborhood of 1500-2000 pixels on the long side seems to be the sweet spot for effective viewing and protection. >=))>

Thanks guys, sorry for the size, grabbed the standard rather than the smaller. Will have to drop photos for posting in a separate file.
Wayne

John Wayne, the lighting and black background let the flower stand out very well. The subtle bud and stem add well. While I like the offset comp., I agree that you can probably crop some from the top and right without changing the feeling.

Repost to reduce size and cropping on top and right of frame.

Nice job on the repost, John. I like it a lot.

The black background makes the hibiscus flower stand out nicely. Love how the lighting brought out the blues in the center. Beautiful image.

Good job on the re-post. I like the glow the flower gives off.