Hollyhock

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5dIII, f 4, 1/100, iso 250, taken with 180 macro lens, handheld.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I really like the composition and the background, John. There seems to be a lot of noise in the green and darker purples, which surprises me with that camera and the settings you used. Did you increase saturation and contrast quite a lot?

John Wayne: I love the color and comp here. Is that noise or added texture/grain? I kind of like the effect, especially if it was intentional. Beautiful result.>=))>

Thanks Dennis and Bill, not sure why the noise is so high. Used noise reduction filter but it was persistent . Did not notice it until my post was enlarged.
Wayne

Striking colors of the beauty. I like the high key effect that presents the hollyhock’s details so well.