High Key Daffodil

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D 850, ISO 100, f32, tripod on light table, 1.2 seconds.

Any commentary fair game.

Regards to all
Kathy

3 Likes

Lovely high key daffodil, Kathy. The negative space works very well with the delicate flower, but still retaining great detail. It has the feel of a negative image, at least for me. Beautifully done.

1 Like

It’s almost a negative of a negative, colour-wise! I’d love to see a huge print of this on a white wall, retaining the excellent composition.

1 Like

Wonderful shot, Kathy. Semitransparent image of the yellow daffodil which has delicate and superb gradation is amazing.

1 Like

Kathy, this looks great with the semi-transparent daffodil. Nicely artistic.

1 Like

Extraordinairement charmant! The ethereal glow of the blossom in an endless white void is perfect. Subtle yellow is tough to present in an image and maintain enough detail to keep it from degrading to a blob. Plus, the gossamer lightness of the outer edges of the petals makes the transition from flower to the setting is on the edge of being invisible.

My only suggestion is to drop both frames and free the image from confinement. As someone commented - “I’d love to see a huge print of this on a white wall”. I agree.

Thanks for posting.

1 Like

Hi Kathy. The brightness doesn’t to seem to bother anyone but me so take this suggested alternative with a grain of salt. I’m attaching my rework. Toned down the contrast and brightness in PS which makes the smaller mat match the color of the flower and shows a bit more detail in the outer petals.

Hi Pat
For whatever reason, every time I try to see the picture you have posted, it won’t come up. I get a “?” mark or the roly poly “I’m thinking” symbol.
Maybe repost?
Best
Kathy

@paul_g_wiegman @linda_mellor @Nao_Koju @Mark_Seaver @Mike_Friel

Thank you all for the kind comments. I have been working a lot on these high key flowers. The suggestion of dropping the border is exactly what I intend to do if I do put it on the wall. I have no white walls - but all the same I am hoping that the white will be relaxing.

Regards to all
Kathy

1 Like

Hi Pat
Now I can see this. Its certainly a lovely different take on this flower. I am wondering where the texture came from in the light surround? Is that in my original or something you added?

Kathy. No I did nothing but make the mat smaller and reduce the brightness and contrast.

Pat