High Key Hummingbird

Description:

This little bird was right in the middle of an island in a busy parking lot. It was pretty funny how many people did not notice him and kept asking me what I was looking at.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any feedback is appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 6D, Sigma 150-600, f6.3, 1/1000, ISO 3200, handheld
It was pretty overcast so there was nice soft light.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@christinefranzenphotography

1 Like

Oh! This is good. The smaller version of the image does not do the image justice.

The greens on the leaves and the matching greens on the bird is very appealing. Greens and browns always a winner! Great use of negative space.

I’m pleased you saw the tiny bird. Most people get around with their eyes closed.

Christine, this looks great. The details in the bird are gorgeous and the white negative space adds well to showing how small the bird is. Yes, it’s amazing how many folks walk around completely blind to their surroundings.

Wow Christine, what a nice catch for you and captured wonderfully. I imagine it’s a tiny hummingbird with that long beak. Your composition is perfect, with plenty of space surrounding him and pretty cool with the color-coordinating green on him and the plant. Enjoying the details in his feathers also.

Thank you all for the comments! : )