Holodiscus discolor (Oceanspary) in late afternoon

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any feedback

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any feedback

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon 5d mark iv, 173mm, ISO 1600, 1/125 sec

, f/5.6

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Lana, the diagonal composition and square crop work well for such an image. The background if often a challenge in these situations. In this case it is. toning down some of the bright spots in the background can improve this image. Also bringing out some details in the flowers can make it more interesting. Perfect backlighting on the leaves.

Hi Ravi,
thank you for your feedback! Took this image as single exposure in harsh light. Looks like I need to go back to get this beautiful plant flower details at a later hour.

Lana: I actually like this pretty much as presented. For me the bokeh in the BG works fairly well with the bright one at the very end of the flower being the only one that gets much of my attention. Well seen and nicely captured. >=))>

@Bill_Fach, @ravi, really appreciate your comments!